Friday, July 31, 2009

It's easier to spend when someone else earned it

Just made my first car payments this month, very exciting stuff. New experiences in the real world. My very own responsibility. R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y....geez that's a long one.

It's a lot easier to spend money when you didn't have to earn it, but I have to admit some part of me really loves that I actually own something.

It's also a lot easier when the money isn't physically in your wallet, it's just this electronic stuff that gets pulled out of your account when you swipe a piece of plastic. I don't think I'm quite responsible enough to actually budget yet, so for now everything is just automatically drafted from my savings account (also a fairly new development) and I set up all my bills to go to my bank so I don't have to sort through a pile of crap to get my stupid account number.

Oooh, and I get to use my new debit card at an ATM today for the first time. I get to use ANY ATM that I want! Hooray for online-only banks, thanks for paying my ATM fees!

No comments:

Post a Comment